Do You Have Hearing Loss?
Ask yourself these questions: Or, download the checklist and have a loved one answer the questions.
Answer Yes or No to the following:
- Do you have difficult hearing people talk in noisy environments such as a restaurant?
- Do people seem to "mumble" all the time?
- Do people tell me that I have the TV on too loud?
- Are others often forced to repeat themselves when speaking with me?
- Do I have trouble hearing people when they are not facing me or are in another room?
- I feel embarrassed when I answer a question incorrectly because I didn't hear the conversation?
- Do I give up trying to hear the conversation and just smile, nod and laugh with others?
- Do I feel overwhelmed by large, noisy gatherings? I'd rather stay at home.
- Would I rather stay home alone than be with others in a noisy setting?
- Do I have trouble communicating with children because I can't understand them?
- Do I hear ringing, buzzing or hissing sounds in my ears?
If you answered YES to 3 or more, of the questions above, you should have your hearing tested... TODAY!